Kúkátónón’s mission is to inspire confidence, commitment and vitality among the children in the dance troupe, their families and communities; and to broaden awareness of African and African American cultural traditions throughout Oregon.
1. Broaden awareness of African and African American cultural traditions and foster appreciation and respect for similarities and differences between cultures.
2. Offer participants a practice that inspires happiness and self-confidence.
3. Increase body awareness and physical health of participants.
4. Improve participants’ ability to work as committed members of a team.
5. Teach participants the value of diligent practice and its applications to all things in life.
6. Improve participants’ school attendance and performance.