Kúkátónón’s mission is to inspire confidence, commitment and vitality among the children in the dance troupe; and to broaden awareness of African and African American cultural traditions throughout Oregon. The organization’s objectives are to:
1. Broaden awareness of African and African American cultural traditions and foster appreciation and respect for similarities and differences between cultures.
2. Offer participants a practice that inspires happiness and self-confidence.
3. Increase body awareness and physical health of participants.
4. Improve participants’ ability to work as committed members of a team.
5. Teach participants the value of diligent practice and its applications to all things in life.
6. Improve participants’ school attendance and performance.